We are committed to providing safe, clean, and properly maintained homes to our residents.
In order to comply with the Colorado Warranty of Habitability (Colorado Revised Statutes 38-12-503), Colorado judicial law, and Grace Management standards, the below items must be completed before we will advertise and rent a property.
- Property professionally cleaned and free of trash and debris, inside and outside.
- HVAC system to be in good operating condition, with a new filter installed.
- All mechanical elements including appliances operating as designed.
- Caulking in kitchen and bathrooms shall be clean and free of mildew
- Doors and locks all functioning properly.
- Windows must open, close, and lock properly and window screens be in good condition.
Full Rent-Ready Requirements
In order to comply with both internal and state rental housing requirements, every property must meet the below list in order to be fully advertised and be ‘Rent-Ready’.
- Professionally cleaned to ‘Hotel Room Clean’
- Carpet professionally cleaned and looking fresh
- All painted surfaces fresh with no mis-match touch-up areas and repainting must be done corner to corner.
- All bedroom windows must have vertical or mini-blinds
- No personal property or items in the unit. This includes furniture, knickknacks, toiletries, shower curtains, Kleenex boxes, kitchen or bathroom items, soap dispenser, pictures, etc.
- No lawn equipment including mowers, tools, etc.
- Garage floor swept
- No exterior debris
- Lawn cut and trimmed
- Landscaping fresh and clean
- CO detectors installed within 15 feet of each bedroom. ONLY wall mounted, NO plug-in units.
- Smoke detector on each floor
- Smoke detector in each bedroom
- Back sliding door must have vertical blinds
- All light bulbs working
- Doors open & close smoothly and doorstops installed on all doors
- Bathroom caulking must be fresh and free of any mildew
- All mechanical components working as designed. Includes HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, laundry appliances, sump pumps, water softeners, sprinkler systems, swamp coolers, gas fireplaces, water filtration systems, etc.
- Safety railings secure
- Exterior window wells require covers
- Wood-burning fireplace(s), if operational, shall be clean of any debris and have a fireplace screen or heat-proof glass doors installed. If non-operational, the fireplace opening on the interior of the home shall be permanently sealed with an aesthetically pleasing material.
- All windows (except basement windows) should have vertical or mini blinds.
- No draperies on windows
- All windows should have screens
This list is not meant to cover each and make-ready required item, but it does list some of the most important and often overlooked.
Have a Question?
Call 303-255-1990 or Contact Us Below
What We Do As Your Denver Property Manager
Effective marketing is a key to attract high quality applicants. We prepare a custom market analysis for each property we manage to determine the optimal rent to maximize your return on your investment.
Our custom in-house screening combines personalized processing and advanced data search technology to keep the bad tenants out and attract long term, high quality residents.
Lease Execution & Renewals
Our lease agreement is reviewed and approved by TS, a top Colorado landlord law firm. We operate in full compliance with fair housing, Colorado habitability, application screening, and right-to-cure laws.
We believe that if you do not get paid - then we should not get paid either. We work to ensure you get paid on time, every time.
Our 24/7 Repair Center is always open to protect your property around the clock. We have low, normal and urgent protocols to ensure cost control and pre-screen all of our vendors.
With our detailed financial reporting tools and secure online owner portal, you will have 24/7 online access to your financial information.
Eviction & Pet Protection
If a legal eviction becomes necessary WE will pay YOUR legal fees - yes you read that right – WE WILL PAY. AND... if a pet does damage to your property, WE will pay for that too!
These 10 numbers that will give you a glimpse into how we operate, and help you decide if we're a good fit for each other.
99% of Rent Collected
Percentage of rent due that we collect each month. This is due to a very tight applicant screening process, a time-tested internal collection process, and the fact that we have a full-time Director of Accounting (Jessica M) whose only job is to ensure our residents pay on-time each month.
The percentage of our tenants that renew their leases every year. This is important because turnover leads to vacancy – which is the biggest expense you could potentially have as a landlord. More lease renewals leads to less turnover, which results in fewer expenses for you!
The approximate number of rental applications we’ve processed. After looking at this number of credit and background reports, we know what to look for when it comes to processing Denver rental applications.
The amount of money we guarantee you for pet damage or legal eviction expenses. If we approve and place a tenant in your Denver rental property and we have to evict that tenant for non-payment of rent, we will pay up to $1,000 of legal fees. We will also pay up to $1,000 in pet damage if we approve a pet who does damage. Click here for more details.
30 Day Guarantee
Although we hope to work together for many years to come, we don’t believe in long-term “forced” contracts. Rather we believe we should earn your business every single day. Should you ever find our services lacking, you can terminate our agreement with a simple 30-day notice; and with no termination fees or penalties.
The ranking we received as the 2018 ‘Think Realty’ National Property Manager of the Year. Although we only operate in Colorado we are recognized nationwide as a leader in the property management industry.
The number of states in which we have taught property management continuing educational classes for state Realtor associations. We teach thousands of Realtors and property managers each year - helping to educate them on how to do property management better.
Grace Gives $15,500
The amount of money we have donated to our ‘Grace-Gives’ fund. We use this money to help responsible residents who encounter unexpected financial difficulties. For every lease we sign, we donate money into our ‘Grace-Gives’ account. We’ve been able to help many residents in time of need! Click here for details.
The number of U.S. presidents that have served in office since we opened Grace Property Management for business in 1978. In 1978 Jimmy Carter was our President and the Bee Gees had the #1 song (Staying Alive!). When you hand us the keys to the front door of your property, you can feel confident knowing we’re going to be here today, tomorrow, and the next day after that!
That’s not our Denver property management office phone number - it’s my (Marc Cunningham) personal cell number. If you ever have a problem as a client, you can call me directly. Just please don't call during dinner, my wife doesn't like that!