Does Grace Property Management Accept Portable Tenant Screening Reports?
Answer: Yes, Grace Property Management does accept portable tenant screening reports (PTSR) as defined in § 38-12-902(2.5). Below is information on this process.
Portable Tenant Screening Reports (PTSR): 1) Applicant has the right to provide Grace Property Management with a PTSR that is not more than 30 days old, as defined in § 38-12-902(2.5), Colorado Revised Statutes; and 2) if Applicant provides Grace Property Management with a PTSR, Grace Property Management is prohibited from: a) charging Applicant a rental application fee; or b) charging Applicant a fee for Grace Property Management to access or use the PTSR.
If Applicant provides Grace Property Management with a PTSR: a) the PTSR must be available to Grace Property Management by a consumer reporting agency/third-party website that regularly engages in the business of providing consumer reports; 2) the PTSR must comply with all state and federal laws pertaining to use and disclosure of information contained in a consumer report by a consumer reporting agency; and c) Applicant certifies that there has not been a material change in the information in the PTSR, including the Applicant’s name, address, bankruptcy status, criminal history, or eviction history, since the PTSR was generated.
Our process for accepting and processing a PTSR:
- In order for a PTSR to be legally valid and accepted by us, it must include the following information about the applicant:
- Contact information
- Verification of employment & income
- Last known address
- Rental & credit history (in all jurisdictions in which they have lived) that complies with section 38-12-904(1)(a) concerning a landlords considerations of a prospective tenants rental history.
- Criminal history for all federal, state and local convictions (in all jurisdictions in which they have lived) that complies with section 38-12-904(1)(b) concerning a landlords considertoin of a prospective tenants arrest records.
- The date which it was pulled
- We require that the report is not more than 30 days old
- The PTSR must be made directly available to us by the consumer reporting agency or provided through a third-party website that regularly engages in the business of providing consumer reports and complies with all the state and federal laws pertaining to use and disclosure of information contained in the consumer report by a consumer reporting agency.
- We require that the screening report is made available directly to us from the screening company, and at no cost to us.
- We require a statement from you that there has not been any material change of the information in the screening report including your name, address, bankruptcy status, criminal history, or eviction history since the report was generated.
- If you do not have or provide a proper or complete PTSR you will need to complete our online rental application and pay any applicable fees.
- Even if you do have and provide a proper and complete PTSR you will still need to complete our online rental application but you do not need to an application fee for this process.
- If you have a pet, you will be required to complete a separate pet application process and third party pet application fees may apply.
- Even if you do provide a proper and complete PTSR we may generate an internal credit and background reports which may impact your credit score.
- If any information on our generated report is different than information provided in your PTSR, we may rely on the information given in our generated report.
- If we generate a credit and background report and subsequently deny your application, we will provide you with a copy of the consumer report and an advisement of your right to dispute the accuracy of the report to the consumer reporting agency. Your written notice of denial will also state the reason(s) for the denial.
- To start your online application and provide us with your PTSR, click on the following link: https://gracemgmt.rentvine.com/public/apply?unitID=622